Heed Abacus Hi-res DAC
**Mar 21. 2022 UPDATE
Stock delays continue and are as bad or worse than a year ago due to major new Covid shutdowns in China and Asia (most brands are made here), Port delays and Rail strikes in US and Canada, and problems out of Eastern Europe (Pro-Ject).
- We have re-organized our recommended items around dependable suppliers ONLY. Please pay attention to our selected systems for your best chance at getting a product that is available.
- Even amongst the most reliable suppliers, Covid-19 continues to create delivery delays of weeks to months across the whole audio supply chain.
- We submit your order directly to the sole sources in Canada to get it in the queue for their incoming stock. In most cases they will drop ship directly to you for fastest turnaround time. There is no alternate source for us or for you because suppliers have monopolies to products in Canada. Orders are non-cancelable because we commit to and reserve your order in the queue. We suggest getting in as soon as possible because demand from everyone being stuck at home is off the charts vs. limited supply.
- Suppliers are not currently able to give us ETAs because factories and freight companies are overwhelmed. You will receive a shipping notice only when your order has shipped. We are doing everything in our power to get you your items as fast as possible.
- Stay safe!
Our Abacus digital to analogue converter is an exquisite tool for the task, connecting you to the world of the musician, doing the precise calculations needed for the mutual understanding. Being a gateway between the digital and analogue worlds, the Abacus is not only a computing machine, it is the very source of the analogue sound amplified through your system. This sound needs to be fascinating right from the beginning, isn’t it?
The Abacus can interpret this seductive Heed sound from a great variety of digital sources, even if the music is coded in extremely highly detailed PCM or DSD signal.
PCM and DSD are the two main methods for digital recording. The Abacus can handle PCM signals up to 384 kHz and 32 bits, and natively processes the double speed DSD. Quartz based clocks and well-designed linear power supplies ensure that the resolution of digital processing is always perfect.
The analogue buffer stages of the Abacus are made of discrete components, to allow the best possible first steps for the analogue signal.
– 5 + 1 digital inputs
– native DSD128 and 384kHz/32bit capable USB connection
– isolated analogue and digital sections
– upgradeable expansion card system
|Inputs:||1x RCA / 1x BNC / 2x Optical / 1x USB / 1x expansion card|
|Outputs:||1x line level analogue|
|Output level:||2.1 Vrms|
|Freq. response:||3 Hz – (depends on sampling frequency)|
|DSD filter freq.:||50 kHz standard Scarlet Book|
|Sampling frequencies (BNC, RCA, opt.):||32 / 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz max. 24 bit PCM|
|Sampling frequencies (USB):||32 / 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 / 352.8 / 384 kHz max. 32 bit and 2.8224 / 5.6448 MHz 1 bit native DSD|
|Max. consumption:||50 VA|
|Dimensions (WxHxD):||22 x 8.7 x 32.5 cm|