Accuphase A-48 Stereo Power Amplifier
Due to US distributor restrictions, pricing available in-store only
Like most other businesses, we are currently experiencing severe disruptions from shipping companies, stock availability and 200% increased order and e-mail volume. We thank you for your patience and are diligently attending to each order as fast as possible.
In the case of delayed or out of stock items, we order directly from the sole sources in Canada and overseas and we stake claim on the first available units in the order they come in. You will receive a shipping notice when your order has shipped. We have not forgotten about it.
The A-48 is a successor model to the A-47, based on the design technology developed for higher-ranked models. It is a full-fledged Pure Class A Stereo Amplifier that produces truly captivating sound.
The output stage of the A-48 uses high-performance power MOS-FETs ideal for audio applications.
For each channel, six devices are arranged in a parallel push-pull Pure Class A arrangement. This results in very low output impedance, ensuring that constant drive voltage is available also for low-impedance loads. Superior performance is evident from the linear power progression of 45 watts into 8 ohms, 90 watts into 4 ohms, and 180 watts into 2 ohms. The amplifier is even capable of driving ultra-low 1-ohm impedances with an amazing 360 watts (music signals only).
The input stage circuitry is configured as an instrumentation amplifier. This approach makes it possible to achieve fully balanced signal paths, extending from the signal input all the way to the final power amp stage. Using the A-48 in bridged mode creates a mono amplifier with even more impressive power output capability, rated for 180 watts into 8 ohms, 360 watts into 4 ohms, and 720 watts into 2 ohms (music signals only).
- Pure Class A operation, 45W / 8Ω × 2 quality power
- Output stage is "Power MOSFET" 6 parallel push-pull configuration
- Output characteristics linear with load impedance
- The amplifier uses an instrumentation amplifier system
- Equipped with more advanced "MCS +" circuit
- Current feedback amplifier with excellent sound quality and stability
- Employs “balanced remote sensing”
- High damping factor: 600-800
- High efficiency large toroidal transformer
- Built-in speaker output protection circuit to prevent accidents due to short circuit
- Bi-amp connection and bridge connection are possible using two A-48s