Classic look with incredible modern design and dampening features.
The critically acclaimed 6perspeX has proved the fantastic result of using magnets to isolate the subchassis. So consequently, for the Xtension this technology has been re-developed to utilise new magnetic feet, which almost completely decouple the main plinth. Combine this with the weighty 25kg total mass of the turntable, and the listener benefi ts from minimal base resonance. This is a unique combination of 'mass loaded' and 'floating turntable' design principals.
In keeping with these principles, the platter is metal due to its higher mass than acrylic. However, the old standard adoption of pure metal has been abandoned because of its highly-resonant tendencies. Instead, a perfect alloy which is dampened on the inner side with Sorbothane®. This base, glued recycled Vinyl records to the top (which act as a perfect mat) and bake this 'sandwich' before precision balancing it. The final product subsequently benefits from a wonderfully resonance-free, heavy platter. The tonearm base on the Xtension also benefits from 'high-mass' technologies, and is isolated from the main board by a sheet of Sorbothane®. Importantly though, this board is still able to incorporate the adoption of different tonearms.
- Super-heavy 25 kg mass load magnetic fl oating belt drive design
- Sorbothane® damped ultra precise balanced Sandwich platter out of special alloy combined with Vinyl
- Brass record puck
- Ultra low noise motor highest selection
- Magnet supported, inverted main bearing Type Block 1 with ceramic thrust-pad
- Integrated Speed Box SE for super silent motordrive and electronically switchable speed
- Metal-granulate filled plinth for universal damping
- Mass loaded interchangeable armboard
- Height adjustable magnet supported feets for perfect isolation
- Gold-plated RCA phono sockets
Cartridge not included
FREE $30 setup included when you purchase from us!
|Nominal speeds||33 / 45 / 78 r.p.m.|
|Electronic speed change||33 / 45 r.p.m.|
|Mechanic speed change||78 r.p.m.|
|Build in Pro-Ject Speed Box SE||yes|
|Supplied Pro-Ject phono cable||Connect it 5P-C|
|Magnet supported, Sorbothane-damped feet||yes|
|Central metal block||yes|
|Wow and flutter||±0,01%|
|Signal to noise||-73dB|
|Power supply type||Mains-fed outboard power supply|
|220 - 240V, 50 cycles or 100 - 110V, 60 cycles|
|Output voltage||16V/1.000mA AC|
|Dimensions (lid open)||550 x 550 x 560mm|
|Dimensions (lid closed)||550 x 250 x 450mm|