Accuphase DC-950 Precision DAC
CANADIAN CUSTOMERS ONLY e-mail with phone number for pricing.
**Mar 21. 2022 UPDATE
Stock delays continue and are as bad or worse than a year ago due to major new Covid shutdowns in China and Asia (most brands are made here), Port delays and Rail strikes in US and Canada, and problems out of Eastern Europe (Pro-Ject).
- We have re-organized our recommended items around dependable suppliers ONLY. Please pay attention to our selected systems for your best chance at getting a product that is available.
- Even amongst the most reliable suppliers, Covid-19 continues to create delivery delays of weeks to months across the whole audio supply chain.
- We submit your order directly to the sole sources in Canada to get it in the queue for their incoming stock. In most cases they will drop ship directly to you for fastest turnaround time. There is no alternate source for us or for you because suppliers have monopolies to products in Canada. Orders are non-cancelable because we commit to and reserve your order in the queue. We suggest getting in as soon as possible because demand from everyone being stuck at home is off the charts vs. limited supply.
- Suppliers are not currently able to give us ETAs because factories and freight companies are overwhelmed. You will receive a shipping notice only when your order has shipped. We are doing everything in our power to get you your items as fast as possible.
- Stay safe!
The DC-950 is the 4th generation flagship digital processor which succeeds the highly revered DC-901. Ultra Low Noise is one of the main technical features of the DC-950. The former model, the DC-901 has excellent noise performance, however the DC-950 achieves a 20% lower output noise voltage than the DC-901. Accuphase has also adopted ESS Technology’s 32bit Hyperstream DAC ES9038PRO. Each channel uses 1 DAC chip, which incorporates 8 converters in parallel resulting in 2 times lager output current than the DC-901. The DAC circuits use MDS++ for PCM signal and MDSD for DSD signal. MDSD allows straight D/A conversion of the DSD signal. Multiple DSD signals are refined through digital processing in an ultra-high-speed FPGA, then are converted by separate D/A converters. After D/A conversion, summation of the multiple data is performed and errors are cancelled out resulting in an ingenious moving-average filter circuit with double-speed accuracy. An important characteristic of MDSD is the use of MDS type D/A converters which keeps conversion errors to an absolute minimum. At the same time, the MDSD circuit acts as a high-cut filter with completely linear phase characteristics. The end result is a digital signal of outstanding quality, allowing the music to emerge in perfect clarity, demonstrating the ultimate potential of the SA-CD format. Accuphase has perfected the numerical display with newly applied 7-segment LED instead of the previous dot matrix LED, this new LED allows the DC-950 to achieve superior visibility with a large character display. The state of the art front display now shows sampling frequency and the number of effective bits of input signals.
- 8 digital inputs. USB Input accepts 384kHz/32bit-PCM or 5.6448MHz-DSD. DSD data can be received both DoP DSD over PCM and ASIO2.1.
- Balanced, Coaxial: 192kHz/24bit.
- Optical: 96kHz/24bit.
- USB2.0: 384kHz/32bit, 11.2896MHz.
- HS-LINK Version1: 192kHz/24bit, 2.8224MHz/1bit. Version2: 384kHz/32bit, 5.6448MHz/1bit.
Perfectly matched to the DP-950 SACD/CD transport for a completely integrated universal digital conversion system.