Please e-mail for pricing
- Due to over a year of government-mandated shutdowns we are operating exclusively online. Supply chains continue to be highly disrupted from Covid-19 and many producing factories/countries are entirely shut down as well. We have re-organized our recommended items around dependable suppliers ONLY. Please pay attention to our selected systems for your best chance at getting a product that is available.
- Even amongst the most reliable suppliers, Covid-19 continues to create delivery delays of weeks to months across the whole audio supply chain.
- We submit your order directly to the sole sources in Canada to get it in the queue for their incoming stock. In most cases they will drop ship directly to you for fastest turnaround time. There is no alternate source for us or for you because suppliers have monopolies to products in Canada. Orders are non-cancelable because we commit to and reserve your order in the queue. We suggest getting in as soon as possible because demand from everyone being stuck at home is off the charts vs. limited supply.
- Suppliers are not currently able to give us ETAs because factories and freight companies are overwhelmed. You will receive a shipping notice only when your order has shipped. We are doing everything in our power to get you your items as fast as possible.
- Stay safe!
AD-2850 is the dedicated phono equalizer unit. Analog records can be reproduced with high quality by installing AD-2850 in a rear-panel slot. The AD-2850 features separate input circuitry for MC and MM cartridges to ensure optimum matching and realize outstanding S/N ratio. 2 sets of analog-player input jacks, the AD1 and AD2 are equipped, and their selections are switchable with the INPUT selector of pre-amplifiers.
- Differential amplifier circuit with ultra low noise bipolar-transistors for MC cartridges.
- Differential amplifier circuit with ultra low noise junction-FET for MM cartridges.
- Differential RIAA equalizer circuit is designed to provide super accurate RIAA equalization characteristics.
- MC Load settings are selectable from among 4 values “10Ω/30Ω/100Ω/300Ω”. The input impedance for both MM settings is 47kΩ.
- Storing separate MC Load and/or AD GAIN settings for each installed AD input (AD1 and/or AD2) is available, and it enables the smooth switching of 2 kinds of analog players or tone arms.
- The printed circuits are made from glass cloth fluorocarbon resin.
Guaranteed Specifications [Guaranteed specifications are measured according to EIA standard RS-490] (Specifications installed in C-2850)
MM/40dB, MC ：20～20,000Hz ±0.2dB
MM/30dB ：20～20,000Hz ±0.3dB
AD Maximum input voltage (1kHz, 0.005% THD)
MM/30dB INPUT ： 310mV
MM/40dB INPUT ： 96.5mV
MC/60dB INPUT ： 9.5mV
MC/70dB INPUT ： 3.2mV
Gain (Gain selector set to 18 dB position, 12/18/24 dB settings available)
AD[MM:30/40dB]INPUT → BALANCED/LINE OUTPUT ：48/58dB
AD[MM:30/40dB]INPUT → REC OUTPUT ：30/40dB
AD[MC:60/70dB]INPUT → BALANCED/LINE OUTPUT ：78/88dB
AD[MC:60/70dB]INPUT → REC OUTPUT ：60/70dB
Input sensitivity and impedance
|Input||Input Sensitivity||Input Impedance|
|For Rated Output||For 0.5V Output|
|AD-MM/30 dB INPUT||8.0 mV||2.0 mV||47 kilohms|
|AD-MM/40 dB INPUT||2.5 mV||0.63 mV||47 kilohms|
|AD-MC/60 dB INPUT||0.25 mV||0.063 mV||10/30/100/300 ohms, switchable|
|AD-MC/70 dB INPUT||0.08 mV||0.02 mV||10/30/100/300 ohms, switchable|
|BALANCED/LINE||252 mV||63 mV||40/20 kilohms, switchable|
|Input||Input shorted (A weighting)||EIA S/N|
|S/N ratio at rated output|
|AD-MM/30 dB INPUT||94 dB||86 dB|
|AD-MM/40 dB INPUT||85 dB||86 dB|
|AD-MC/60 dB INPUT||80 dB||86 dB|
|AD-MC/70 dB INPUT||73 dB||87 dB|
|BALANCED/LINE||111 dB||110 dB|